Monday, January 26, 2015

Blog Letter 1/26/2015

Hello how is everyone doing? I hope the answer is great!!

Lets get this thing started:

Monday 19th:

This day was fun, it was rainy, and I was super sick from something I had eaten so we left to start working, and had to return and stay in the pench. I was pretty destroyed. 

Tuesday 20th: 
We had divisions with the assistents again. I was with Elder C. He is a great missionary from Atlanta. They got to our pench at 2:30 in the morning. We had a lot of good lessons and had a lot of fun. Elder A from Chile was with Elder Q. 

Wednesday 21st:
(Side note: It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out that its 21st and not 21th. Wow...Spanish...)
Wednesday was a great day as well. We taught a great family that we had taught Sunday. They have been waiting 10 years to get baptized, but haven't done the papers to get baptized yet. We are trying to help them begin to due all the basics again like reading the scriptures, and going to church. Sometimes our desires do not reflect our works. These people want to get baptized but aren't working to hard towards the goal. We also had Executive Committee with the priesthood. It was a good meeting. We are really starting to see the ward follow our example and work hard. It is awesome.

Thursday 22nd:
We did weekly planning, and had a really good lesson with one of our investigators named Sandra. She is having family issues, but we are trying to help her. Thursday was kinda a rough day we did a lot of walking. 

Friday 23rd:
We had a bunch of really good lessons today, My favorite was with E she has a date to be baptized, but is having a lot of opposition from her parents and stuff. She even had a Catholic Priest visit her house to convince her to not be baptized. But we had a good lesson and still have hopes that she can be baptized. We are seeing a lot of success with the recent converts here. They are really responding well, and progressing. And we are having a lot of less actives come back. The church is progressing. 

Saturday 24th:
We did service with the Ib family. They are really cool. We cut there grass and weeds with a machete...its normal here for people to cut their grass with machetes...Not nearly as effective as a lawn mower, but for a minute way more entertaining. I challenge you all to do it. We had some good lessons throughout the entire day. We also taught S's son A English. He needs to take a big test. We made it fun so he actually enjoyed learning. 

Sunday 25th:
We had a lot of people show up to church. Including a family from the very bottom tip of argentina. Our ward is really growing here and I love to see that. 


I love you all so much. I do have a request. I am trying to put together stories for genealogy here. I would love for anybody and everybody to send me some history forms for my grandparents/ great grandparents. And pioneer stories. Please send me what you can!! Its something our mission is focusing on.


Love you all!!
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment