Monday, August 4, 2014

Letter to Venturing Crew 1532 for Kodiak 2014

This is a letter written by Mason for a venturing crew he was a part of before his mission. His adviser asked him and some of the other people that were part of the crew, that are on missions now to write a letter to be read on Kodiak. 

Hello Crew, 

I am so happy to be able to talk to you guys through this letter. This is the second letter I have been able to write since my mission began, and sadly also my last letter. My first letter I wrote, I wrote in the MTC. Since that moment, a lot has passed, and I have learned a lot through personal experiences, scripture study, and the Holy Ghost. 

I would like to focus this letter on two things that I personally learned during my time in the crew. 

The First: Personal Preparedness. In Luke 2:52 it says: "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and Man." This scripture shows us the areas that we should always trying to improve in, that is, if we want to follow the savior. In other words Christ increased Mentally, Physically, as a citizen, and Spiritually. Those four categories. Which just so happen to be four categories stressed by the venturing program. I personally feel like although I was in the venturing crew, I did not take full advantage of all the great and wonderful opportunities and experiences the crew offers. I invite you all to take advantage, and appreciate the time you have in the crew. There is a phrase I have heard about the Holy Ghost and helping us in our problems. As missionaries we are told that if we are worthy we will be reminded in the moment of the things we should say. That the Holy Ghost would pull feelings, knowledge, and wisdom out of the well that is our lives. But the spirit cannot pull water out of an empty well. We have to fill it, so the spirit can use it. 

The Second: Ambition. I am speaking of the healthy ambition that leads to setting goals, and making plans to accomplish our desires. The world is full of people. As the scripture say: "Many are called but few are chosen." Many of us will be called upon, but in order to become not only called, but chosen we need to have the ambition to develop talents, accomplish goals, and make ourselves better. Multiply our talents. The crew taught me a lot about setting goals, making plans, and accomplishing them. Alma 29:4 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction. God grants unto us according to our desires. Or in other words our ambition. As a member of the crew I learned a lot about leading people, and being a "Go Getter". 

I learned a lot in the crew that helped me prepare for my mission. I am so grateful for all the leaders, and all the people that helped me accomplish goals, and helped me become who I am today. I love you all, I am jealous I cant be there with you. Have a great rest of the week. 

Con mucho amor,
Elder Reid

P.S ¡¡¡¡VIVA ARGENTINA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment