Monday, April 7, 2014

Letter 04/07/14

¡Una semana buena!

This has been a great great week. I have loved it. I really enjoyed General Conference and hearing all about what the Lord wants us to know in these times. I know that the prophets are called by the Lord, and receive direct revelation from him. I know that they are the mouth of the Lord, and that we need to pay attention to their words just as we would if it was Christ talking to us in person. I personally went to Conference with 5 questions that I wanted answered. I had prayed about these questions, and written them down. I had complete faith I would get the answer to these questions, and I did. It was so wonderful. 

Another part of this conference that I loved was outside of the stake center was a little chaotic, it was during the clasico between Newelles, and Rosario Central. It is the second biggest fútbol rivalry in Argentina. With that reason the people can go a little crazy...well a lot crazy, they where blocking streets, honking horns, letting off little bombs, (not to kill people, just to make noise). Shooting off guns, and just going a little crazy. All of this was happening as we where sitting in the stake center watchin conference. Although you could hear very vaguely the noise and craziness of the outside world, inside the chapel was calm and peaceful. It was really a testament and a real life example of being in the world, but not of the world. It is an example of how we live, that even though life can be crazy and challenging. Inside the gospel we find strength and peace. 

Along with this week with one of our new convert families we had a family home evening. Me and my companion set up a jeopardy type trivia game with different categories and level of questions. It was so much fun. They had a lot of fun, and they learned a lot about the gospel. 

I would also like to tell you guys that by the end of this week we should have two more members baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is so amazing. 

I love you all so much!! I pray for you!
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment