Monday, April 14, 2014

Letter 04/14/2014

Nunca sé lo que poner aquí para empezar, entonces pondré este con esperanza que no me entienden. 

This week has been a wonderful week, we worked really hard and got a lot of stuff done.  We also got blessed by having 2 baptisms this week. It was so wonderful. The best part was the the family of the people being baptized, baptized them. The father in law baptized his daughter in law, and the brother, baptized his brother. Both the brother and the father in law are recent converts. The brother is our baptism from January. It is amazing to see them stay strong in the gospel. I know they are going to stay strong and become very strong leaders in the gospel. I am so excited for them. We have been teaching them since I got here. I should probaly explain that they are a couple. I would put the names but do to legal issues, I have been advised not to. They are a couple that we have been teaching for a long time, but they weren't married. Well we taught them...a lot. And they decided to follow the example of Christ. They got married this Friday, and baptized the following day. They are so very strongly converted to the gospel. The girl went from being atheist to a true believer in Christ. 

So this week, when speaking of health, has been a bummer. We have had some stomach sickness get passed around, My companion and I are good buddies and we figured that if one of us is going to get sick, the other one might as well too. So, in order to support one another we both puked at 2:30. One in the sink, the other in the toilet. It was quite the bonding experience. But hey, we are told to never leave a missionary alone ha ha. I am feeling better now. 

This last Saturday we did service by helping a member cut down some tree branches and hauling them out of his yard. When we finished we ate pizza until we were very full and walked home. Getting home we saw we had a missed call and when I called back it turns out it was a person we had contacted, and only talked to once. He told us he had prepared lunch, and wanted to know if we could pass by. I was not going to tell him no, so I said yeah, we will be there in 10 minutes. Me and my comp were very full but we ate anyways. I will keep you guys up to date on the progress of this investigator. But I have high hopes.

Next week is transfers, so I will be writing next Tuesday! I don't know where I will be going but I am thinking I will be leaving Villa Galvez. I will have the news next Tuesday. I love you all so much.

Elder Mason Paul Reid




No comments:

Post a Comment