Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

Villa Galvez ha llegado a ser un segundo hogar

How is everyone doing? I hope you are all doing well, and are happy. This week has been another great week. I feel like just last tuesday I was talking to all of you. ;) 

I have a couple of highlights from this week. The first would be the Stake Conference that we had. We had a very special Stake Conference. We had Elder Viñas and Elder Urra who are both from the Quorumn of the Seventy. Normally in stake conference you dont have two General Authoritys there but we got the opportunity, and it was such a great expierience. One of the comments that Elder Viñas shared was that this Stake conference was being held under the authority of the First Presidency, and that the topics chosen to be shared where all chosen by the First Presidency. As missionaries we got invited to two different meetings with them in which they spoke to a smaller groups of people. It was a great expierience, and I felt the spirit so much. 

I think all of the talks that were given were all centered on members, and being involved with the missionary work. Talking about how members can help with the hastening of the work. As a missionary I know first hand the power and responsibility that every member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has to bring people to Christ. It is not JUST missionaries. I invite everyone that reads this letter to find someone, and invite them to go to church, or read the Book of Mormon, or to listen to the missionarys. I promise there is someone out there that you guys can help. 

I learned a life lesson yesterday. We were teaching a lesson to an investigator that is the sister of a recent convert. We had been teaching her for a while, she was progressing a lot. She had been reading, and doing a lot of good things, she had came to church, we had even given her a baptism date. But she doesnt want to change some small simple things. She doesnt want to change the type of clothes she wears, and she doesnt want to stop partying. 

The craziest thing is that she has told us that she isnt truely happy, but she wants to be. We tried to tell her that the only way to true happiness is through Christ, but she isnt willing to put Christ first. That made me think, and learn, that each and everyone one of us, at one point or another has wanted something, but we dont realize that the first and foremost is Christ. Christ always, ALWAYS needs to be put first. THEN we can go out and accomplish whatever we want, as long as it is something righteous, and not against God's Commandments. 

All in all this week has been great. I have loved it. I hope you guys are all happy. I love you all, and pray for you every day!

Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment