Monday, September 23, 2013

Letter 9/23/13


Family and Friends!! How are you wonderful people? I am doing wonderful here. I have kinda hit my stride, and I am loving it. Ya know the family we had at church last week? Well they will be baptized October 12. How awesome is that?? I am so excited for them. They have done so much, and changed so much. We had a lunch with them and we shared some scriptures, talked about faith in the atonement, and the blessings that come from baptism, the mom just broke down and cried. It was really so amazing.
 
I went on an exchange with the zone leaders this week and we went to this lady's house. When we got there you immediately knew that she was a good person, she was a less active, and she has so many  hard things going on in her life. She is fighting a custody battle with her husband, but her husband ran off into an army base with the kids, but the army base is in Germany...so it's really a crazy and hectic situation I don't understand all of it to be honest. But she was such a wonderful lady. She was so loving, and so friendly. Towards the end of the visit she kinda broke down and cried. Talked about how hard it was for her, and she asked for a blessing. Well... I ended up giving said blessing. First one in the field...But I felt calm. It was such an amazing experience. I really am so grateful for the power of the priesthood.
 
Another day this week we talked with a guy who was really having a hard time. He was living alone, had no job, and had no contact with his family. Come to find out he was a man who had been married for 34 years, he had a really good job, and had a happy family. But he was an alcoholic. He told us so many times how he tried. but he couldn't give up alcohol. He told us how happy he was. But the alcoholism destroyed his life. He had no pride, he had no resentment to anyone but himself. He recognized the need to change, he recognized his faults. But He didn't know how. I am so excited to see how the atonement, and the gospel will change his life.
 
Well everyone I love you. I pray for you. And I hope that your dreams are coming true every day.
Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid
3 Nephi 12:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment