Tuesday, August 13, 2013

MTC Letter 08/13/2013

A little back story to Mason's Letter... He was supposed to leave the MTC last Friday/Saturday. We got a quick e-mail Thursday saying that he was staying in the MTC for another week. That's all he said. 

Beinvenidos!!
This week has been a little crazy for me, I mean a lot of mixed emotions, the biggest one is with me staying in the MTC for another week at first I will be honest I was a little upset, but luckily I have learned here at the MTC, that the lord knows whats good for me, and the lord knows where I need to be. I am on the Lords time, I have been set apart, and the next two years of my life are not my life, they are for the lord, and he wants me hear. I have decided to go through this week and find the purpose, find the reason for me being here. Maybe it is to help someone, maybe it is to be an example to the new district, Maybe I need to learn something special. But no matter what I want to have an open heart and mind, so that I don't just waste the next two week here. That doesn't mean its easy though, it's rough to watch the other 9 out of the 14 that started here together leave. I never knew how quick 14 Guys could grow together and in six weeks become brothers, I will miss these men that I have come to love and respect. I have learned a lot in the MTC so far, but I do want to share one thing right now, and that is the power of Prayer.
 
We are taught here that before we do anything, personal study, plan, plan a lesson, teach a lesson, go to bed, eat a meal, we need to pray. Concecrate ourselves and our performance to the lord, this is not only an act of faith, but it opens the way for the lord to bless us. I can remember a specific lesson where me and my companion were giving the lesson, and the spirit just wasnt there, I wasnt feeling it, my companion wasnt feeling it, and I knew the investigator wasnt feeling it, so I did the only thing I could do, I prayed. I asked the lord to help me, bless me with the spirit, help me know what this person needs to hear, and how I can open this room up to the spirit, as I closed the prayer I recieved an answer to my prayer I was given exactly what I needed to say, and I was blessed with the spirit. It turned out to be one the blest lessons we had ever given. I have had many other faith strengtheners, but this is one that I will always remember. My challenge for all of you that read this is simple: Pray! Its simple, it really is. If you need help doing anything, in that moment say a prayer, pray for exactly what you need, and the lord will help you. I have gained such a strong testimony of that. I love you all.
Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid
 
Moses 6:36
D&C 100:4-5


Another note from JaNae, I wrote Mason and told him that I was going to beat him up if he didn't start writing in his group e-mails about how he has been doing and talking about himself. I also threatened him and told him that if he didn't start writing about himself then I was going to have everyone he writes to give me updates that they think is blog worthy like the fact that he is a district leader, he ripped his suit, and sprained his ankle. This was his response. 

JaNae!! Hey, absolutely if you see other things that I send to others as something that needs to go on the blog by all means do it!! I don't have a lot of time to put everything I want into the blog email, so if I miss something it's totally cool, just add that right in. I trust you.

That being said, if you or someone you know gets a letter or e-mail or picture or anything that you think people should know please send it to me, either via text, e-mail, facebook, phone call, knock on  my door anything. :) If you wonder if it is questionable let me know and I'll make that call. If you have any questions let me know!

-JaNae

No comments:

Post a Comment