Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Blog Letter 4/14/2015

Hello Family and Friends!

How are you all doing? I am doing great!

It has been quite the week here in Feliciano! 

Monday:
After Ciber, I cut the hair of a member. It was a lot of fun. I have learned how to cut hair in the mission, I even have my own hair clippers. I also cut my own hair believe it or not. We also had a really fun Noche de hogar with some member and investigators!

Tuesday
There is this one family, it's HUGE. They all live on the same block and they all have houses on this block, but they all go to the same place to sit outside and watch the street. Every time we go by to teach them, we always meet and teach someone knew. But, they always let us pass. It's interesting to see the different people in the family. In the afternoon we taught M. who was to get baptized on Saturday. I had to do an interview that night, and we ended the night teaching are very loving family, they need to be baptized, but they wont stop working on Sundays. 

Wednesday: We had to do divisions this day. So I went to La Paz and our District Leader came down to Feliciano to do the baptism interview...and M. passed! We taught a couple of lessons, but we spent a lot of time contacting. Our last lesson was with...well I am almost positive he is a drug dealer. But a pretty cool cat. 

Thursday: We spent the entire day in La Paz for Zone Meeting. It was honestly weird to not be in charge or lead the meeting. It was my first zone meeting in ten months without being a Zone leader. Then we took our bus back to good ole Feliciano.

Friday: A great day. We taught another family. They have a baptism date for the 2nd of May. They are awesome! They lack knowledge and comprehension still, but they love the gospel, and the things we teach. We had our ward family night. It was awesome! A couple of members brought a less active that hasn't come to church in years to the activity. It was amazing. It's just proof of the power of members in missionary work. 

Saturday: We taught guy and he is programmed to be baptized on the 2nd of May as well. We spent most of the day preparing the baptismal "font" It was a lot of fun...you will see why. I had the opportunity to baptize M. It was amazing! I love baptisms!!!. 

Sunday: Fast Sunday was great! I found out and developed a new technique...I call it: "going fishin" It's when there is a gap in the meeting....and no one is giving there testimonies. I look around trying to make eye contact. I have found that if I make eye contact I can convince them to give there testimonies. I caught me a couple of fishes last Sunday. :):) We taught some good lessons, including two contacts that we taught. But the last contact was interesting...he is a pretty vile man. His only pleasures and desires are...well not good ones. He was drunk...and smoking. But he boasted of knowing more in the scriptures then me. So, I decided to challenge him. I told him that on Monday (today) I would be back. And that we would see who knows more in the scriptures. But that I would only talk to him if he was sober. It was a direct challenge...we will see if he can stop drinking for a day. 

I love you all! you are all so wonderful!

Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment