Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blog Letter 10/7/2014

Hey family how are you doing? 

I really had a great week this week. I have good news and some bad news for you all. Well, maybe its not bad news, but I wasn't looking forward to it. 

I will be leaving my current area of Nébel to go to Paraná which is actually Elder T's old area.  I will stay a zone leader. I am pretty excited to go over there and it should be pretty interesting. I have been told there is a lot of black magic and gypsies, which is even more interesting. I will keep you informed on the black magic. :) 

It will be hard to leave this area. I really do love the people and I feel like I didn't have too much time here, but as the scriptures say ,my ways are not the Lords ways. 

This last conference has been amazing! I hope you all could watch it and really soak it all in. If you couldn't I strongly invite you too. It was super good this year. 

My favorite talks were:
Jorg Klebingat: He gave us six pieces of advice to have a better life.
Lynn G. Robbins: We need to have confidence in who we are, and not fold under pressure.
Richard G. Scott: Tools of God: Prayer, Scripture Study, Family Home Evening, and Temples
Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "Lord, is it I"
James J. Humula: The blessings of the sacrament. 

My favorite one liners were: "Absolute truths do exist" -Elder Bednar
"Acknowledge your weaknesses but dont be immobalized by them" -Elder Jorg Klebingat
"Come and see" -Elder Bednar
"Stay in the boat"- Richard G. Scott. 
"Never forget which way you face"- Lynn G. Robbins

I really loved this general conference. I hope you are all doing great.

Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment