Monday, October 13, 2014

Blog Letter 10/13/2014

Saludos De Paraná

Just before anyone asks, I am doing great! I really am. I have had a wonderful first week here in Paraná. My companion is a Capo, and for those of you who don't speak Argentinian, that means stud. Really Capo is a stronger, more capo way of saying stud. It's like super stud. He loves to work and we are getting a lot done. We are also getting along great. 

President Zanni in a council of leaders once said: "In order to accomplish things never accomplished, you have to do things never done." That is what we are doing here in Paraná. We are changing a lot of things and trying to change the mind set of the people here. It's a lot of work and it's going to require time, effort, a lot of faith and prayer, but we have high hopes for the Paraná stake. 

I would like to share with you an observation I made Sunday in sacrament meeting. A single mom stood up to bear her testimony accompanied by her 7-8 year old daughter. As she was giving her testimony her little baby boy who can't walk, but can definitely crawl, crawled from the front row to the pulpit. She picked him, and continued giving her testimony. There I was, watching this single mom give her testimony of Christ, with her baby in her arms and her daughter by her side. I thought to myself: This is a single mom, who has to try and keep her family together, teach them the gospel, and be an example for the kids solo. She is in charge of protecting, providing, and nourishing her kids. When I saw her there at the pulpit with the kids I realized she is succeeding. She might be struggling with a lot of doubts and fears of money, bills, work, house keeping, and time for her kids. But here she was with her family at church. It really touched me. I realized how much she loves God and I respect her so much. She is a wonderful parent and a wonderful example to her kids and me. Even though she has her faults, just like every single one of us. 

That is what I would like to share with you all this week! To always remember our priority's and never lose our love for Christ and our trust in him. It will always bless us and our family's. 

I love you all so much!
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment