Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Letter 7/15/2014

¡VIVA ARGENTINA! 

This week has been a crazy week, let me just give you a little bit of the big stuff that has happened, last Monday we did special P-day with the entire zone. Then on Thursday we had a meet the President where we met him and his family with the entire zone again. We had to plan both of those activities. Then that same day I went to a city three hours from here to do a baptism interview at just about 8:30 at night, did the interview, and got back to Concordia at about midnight. Then Saturday we had a baptism! M is one of our investigators that got baptized! It was a great day! And now today we have transfers. In other words this week has been awesome, and at the same time super super busy. 

On top of all of that Argentina had the semi finals, and the finals. We were working during the semi finals, trying to find something to do, and the city was just shut down, you couldnt do anything. People would barely open there doors just to say that the game was on, and ask us what we are doing during the game. 

We did get cool news. We found out from the president we could watch the last game. So we got to watch Germany beat Argentina. It was a big let down. I had a lot of people ask me if I was German before the game, and due to the loss I was obligated to wear an Argentina hat home, or I would have been spotted for German, and maybe beaten. But all is well. I got home alive. :) 

That about sums up my week. I have a lot of other things that happened, but not a whole lot of time to talk about them. I do want you all to know that I love this work, The atonement is real. Christ suffered and died for us. I know that through him we can conquer death, and life forever with our families. I am so grateful for this gospel, and the comfort of the Holy Ghost.

Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment