Monday, June 23, 2014

Blog Letter 06/23/2014

Hello World!

How are you all doing? I am doing really good here! It has been a great week. We have been really busy, but it has been really fun. We had to travel to ParanĂ¡ it's another city about 5 hours from here. We had a meeting there and we had to leave at about 10 on Monday to get there in time for the meeting  since there wasn't another bus to take. The meeting wasTuesday in the morning, after the meeting we had to take another bus back to our area. So in the 24 hours I was traveling 10 of them, and couldn't sleep on the first one...it was a LOOONG day, but we had a lot of laughs and enjoyed it anyways.

Lately, I have seen a lot of things and been in a lot of situations that really made me think differently. I find it amazing the difference the Lord can make in our lives if we really open up our will to him. A lot of the times we ask for something in prayer, without really being willing to accept the answer. It's as if we want an answer but only on our terms. We want an answer that is convenient to us, but the Lord is sometimes inconvenient. There is an elder in our zone, and he said something that I found really deep. He said: "There is no comfort in the growth zone, and there is no growth in the comfort zone." That is really deep and true. Sometimes the Lord is going to ask us to stretch so that he can bless us. 

We need to face every problem, every challenge with faith and enthusiasm. 

I hope you all are doing great! I sure am. We have a lot work we are doing here. We only have an average of about 30 people attending in our branch, and we really are working a lot to help grow the branch. The branch president is new to his calling so we are working really close with him. He is a great guy, but he has a lot of responsibility's. 

All in all this new area is a WHOLE new experience, but I am loving it! I love you all!!

Elder Mason Paul Reid
D&C 76 5-10



No comments:

Post a Comment