Monday, March 17, 2014

Letter 3/17/2014

Mis Queridos,
This week has been an absolutely wonderful week!

My new companion is from Peru. He is 20 years old, and has 6 months on his mission. I dont have a photo for this week, but don't worry, next week I will be sure to send you guys them. 

As for being district leader. I am really enjoying it. It gives me more of an opportunity to serve and help the district. I am definitely not the perfect leader, but I am enjoying the opportunity to grow and learn. 

It has rained so much this week especially Friday. I made the decision to walk really far away from our pench to a place that only had dirt roads and at that point muddy roads. It was fun, but we ended up soaking wet even with our umbrellas. We passed by a recent converts house and he wouldn't let us leave until we took his jackets to use for the day. My feet ended up so wet and muddy that I didn't want to stand in one spot for to long or I would grow roots like a tree. It was a good day. You have to enjoy all the parts about being a missionary even walking in the rain. 

But the best part about the week was definitely Sunday. Due to the fact that one of our inactive's came to church. We had gone to his house that Saturday to visit, we talked about the church and forgiving others due to the fact that he had some hard feelings against some of the members. I asked him if he had the faith to act and to test God. He looked at me and said "are you going to ask me to go to church again?" I looked at him, and felt the spirit so extremely strong. I looked him in the eyes and said "No, I challenge you to come to church 4 times in a row. The next 4 sundays. Without missing a single one." I promised him as a representative of Christ that Christ would give him the blessings he needed and that he would realize he needed this church. The spirit was so strong. He committed and was at church the next day. It was his first time attending in 10 years. We have been visiting with him for about 2 months, he has become one of my favorite people in this area. 

This week has been a wonderful week. I hope all of you are doing great. The Lord is real. 

Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment