Monday, March 3, 2014

Letter 03/03/2014

FELIZ SEMANA!!

Yes that does translate to Happy Week!!

This week has been a really really great week. It has been full of different things, full of new experiences, but all in all, really really awesome. Busy, but awesome. 

I had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday. The people here are so nice, and really opened their hearts up to us. We had two families who celebrated my birthday. They made cake, and some food. Just really nice people. I love this area! 

The other Elders that lived with us had a baptism this week, but the guy getting the baptism, was an older, bigger gentleman, that was missing a leg. So I ended up performing the baptism seeing as how I was the biggest one to help the guy get in and out of the font. I got him into the font, and got him all ready, but the bishop got nervous and decided to enter the font, just to secure him a little more. So the bishop jumped in and it was kinda funny to see him in his church pants all soaking wet. A great experience all in all. 

Yesterday I was in church, and the bishop announced that we would have the baby blessings for one of the families in the ward, (Baptized in January) So I thought, wow, awesome. Then he announces I will be giving the blessing to their little boy, he is two years old. I hadn't received any notice before, and was really nervous, but I said a prayer, and got up, and did it. It was a wonderful experience, I never thought I would give a baby blessing before I was actually a father, but I was honored to give it, and the spirit was so, so very strong. 

This is going to be a little short, but I had a wonderful week. It was busy, but it was wonderful. Next week is transfers so I will be emailing Tuesday. I dont know what is going to happen, but I know the Lord does, so I trust his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment