Monday, February 10, 2014

Letter 2/10/2014

¡MI GENTE!

How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing wonderful. I know I say that a lot. But it is true, I worry about you guys, and are always in my prayers. I hope none of you got too worried about me getting robbed. I have been fully notified that next time I should be a little more compliant, and I will do better next time. :) I love you guys. 

So I thought I would begin this letter with a story, so here in Argentina we have a ice cream chain called Gridos. It is a really good ice cream shop. They have such good ice cream, and in really good flavors. For instance, chocolate ice cream with white chocolate chunks. SOO GOOD! Anyways back to the story. Elder Watkins told me that it was impossible for me to eat a kilo of Ice Cream. I took that as a personal shot to my inner being. I LOVE ICE CREAM! So I took that challenge, and everyone went to gridos, and purchased their own personal kilo of Ice Cream. We dubbed it "The Ice Cream Challenge" and well we began eating! Oh my goodness. I didn't realize how much ice cream that was. Elder B, and Elder W quit, same with Elder C. But I foolishly continued on. It reminded me a lot of the gallon of milk challenge I have tried twice to complete. (Failed both times) Well I got to the last 5 bites of this ice cream, I had already been feeling sick for  a long time. But I couldn't give up, I had been challenged, and I had let my mouth talk WAAY more then it should have. So I continued. But don't worry. I FINISHED!! I successfully ate a kilo of Ice Cream. Just so you guys know. A kilo of Ice Cream is equal to 2.2 pounds of Ice Cream. ITS A LOT! I was really sick after. 

It has rained every day this week, and I have been so grateful for the rain. I love the rain. It kinda keeps the heat away, But when the sun comes out, boy oh boy is it humid! 

In Sacrament this week the stake president came, and he talked about fixing cars, and getting grease, or oil on your hands, and how when you get grease on your hands it gets on everything is, you cant touch something without it getting dirty. And how you cant get it off with anything but Soap and water. He related the grease and the oil to sin, and soap and water to the atonement. Fixing the car was related to just living life. As we live, we are going to sin, and we are going to get dirty, but we need to repent, wash our hands, or we are going to get grease, and oil on everything or everyone we touch. We cant live with sin. I really enjoyed the analogy. 

All in all, it has been a good week. We have a lot of investigators that are progressing, and we are hoping to see some of them in white here soon. I love you all so much, and hope you are doing wonderful. 

I love you,
Elder Mason Paul Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment