Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter 12/2/2013



¡HOLA!

Hello family! I hope you are all doing well and you are having a good week, and enjoyed your Turkey Day. Me and Elder B went out and for exercise played a little bit of football for Thanksgiving. That's right I said football, not fútbol. Elder B brought a football to Argentina, he was a kicker in school, and is planning on kicking in college. So I tried my foot at kicking, lets just say it is not as easy as you think it is. But it was pretty fun to play a little bit of good old American football for a little while, and have our own little Turkey Bowl. It was pretty good. Other then that our Thanksgiving was just another day at work. We didn't do a whole lot. 


As for the spider bite you can all take a deep breath. I am doing good. I am taking antibiotics from the doctor and it is healing up good. 


So this week was a tough week in terms of appointments, it seems like no matter what we did our plans fell through. I don't know why, but our luck just was not very good this week. But we sure did walk a lot!! ha ha. We did have one appointment that really was a special one. It was with the R's. They are a family that is really loving, and loves missionaries. We have been working with them for a while, and they haven't been progressing. We thought about not visiting them this week because we lacked time, and had other people that we where having more respect with. But with all of our failed appointments we got time to pass by them Saturday night. When we got there they asked us where we had been all week, why we hadn't passed by. They where scared that we had dropped them, or that the Bishop had said they where a waste of time and told us to not pass by. We told them it was nothing like that. But then as the appointment progressed Elder B shared a scripture about repentance, and the blessing that it was. In that moment the idea of repentance really clicked in my mind. I really understood that repentance is not a thing meant to punish us, it is meant to bless us. Meant to really give us the ability to improve, and change for the better. So I explained it to him, and then asked him to pray and repent. It was weird to ask a 40 year old man to repent. Asking him to humble himself and pray forgiveness for his errors after all, I am only 18 years old. But I did it. And he was really touched. He was really touched by it. It was a really good appointment, and I left there full of the spirit, and really edified by the whole experience. 


I am doing wonderful here in Argentina. I hope you are all having a good week. And enjoying the cold Utah weather!
 
Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid
 
Words of Mormon 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment