Monday, November 11, 2013

Letter 11/11/2013

Family and Friends!

I hope you are all doing well this week, as for me I am doing wonderful. Me and Elder B. have been working our butts of, and walking our shoes off, but I am enjoying it. I have always been a strong believer in working hard, but it is a whole different story when you have Christ on your side, and he is helping you every step of the way. I know he is always there.

So I thought I would start out this letter talking a little bit about the random stuff. First things first. Me and my companion have both gotten stomach sick in a bad way, we are hoping we didn't drink or eat something that was bad for us. We have been eating a lot with members, and investigators, so we are hoping it is not anything our body's can't handle. A funny thing: In america, I am normal sized, maybe a little bit bigger, but here...well I am enormous  I am known as Elder Grande (big) or Elder Gigante (gigantic), They told me that usually they are worried about the missionaries walking the streets but they aren't so worried about me. Although I did have a member yell at me for wearing my watch, told me I would get robbed. It seems like every Elder ends up getting robbed at least once on their mission. But I guess a 6 foot, 200 pound person is less likely to be robbed. By the way all you people out there hoping I am fat (Mom, Dad, Koral, Yellie, etc) The 200 Pounds is actually not fat, we walk a bunch, and do exercises at the church! So your dream will not be coming true. I do love facturas, THEY ARE SO GOOD. One more random fact: So in Virginia I was told that I looked like Bill Clinton, Here I have been told I look like Emmet from Twilight (whoever the heck that is) and I also look like Clark Kent. I am liking the Clark Kent the most.

So in our companionship we have been trying to really balance our work, as much as we are working to find people to baptize, we do a lot of work with people who have been baptized, and have fallen away. I am a strong believer in bringing back those sheep that have strayed. I have made it one of my major personal focuses. We also have been doing a lot of contacts, trying to talk to as many people as we possibly can.
A funny story about that: So normally to contact someone we have to really try, and go out of our way to contact. But yesterday we had just finished eating lunch at a members, we were a little late getting out, and we had to hustle cause we had an appointment we had to get too. So we where fast walking down the street trying to get to our next appointment and two drunk guys yell at us and tell us to come over, we did our best to tell them that we would come back and talk, but we had to go. But we couldn't escape, so we talked and listened to the two drunk people as they laughed and staggered through a conversation. (they where so drunk) we finished and kept walking. So we continued on and just one more block we got stopped again, this person just wanted to know a little bit more, so we gave them our number and got there address, and tried to get out. That was 3 people that contacted US! That never happens! So we kept walking, and we hear ¡¡Chicos!! ¡Tengo una pregunta! I was amazed, that was 4 people, and we where already late, this just doesn't happen. So we stopped, and this guy was actually really a legitimate contact, he really wanted to know, We actually have a time set up to meet with him again. I am very excited. We ended up being late to our appointment, but it was worth it. We had a good laugh about the whole thing.

That is about it from Elder Reid for this week, I am doing wonderful and enjoying the work of the Lord.

I will also attach a photo of me killing a spider we named Guapo (Handsome) He was a very very big spider, we decided to kill him in a manner that made the other spiders think twice about living in our Pench. (By the Way the ceiling is cement)

Elder Mason Paul Reid
1 Corinthians 2:9



No comments:

Post a Comment