Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MTC Letter 017/30/2013

This week has been a full week that is for sure, I can't believe I only have two weeks left, but at the same time it feels like I have been here for a long time. Its kind of a weird feeling. The biggest thing that has happened for me was that I have been called as District Leader, this isn't as big a deal cause I am not in the field, but it still can be very stressful. The biggest stress that comes from it is that I have to be the example, and follow exact obedience. Obedience is not hard, exact obedience can be a little difficult though. I have been told that "Obedience bring blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles". I want to bring miracles so I will do my very best to be exactly obedient. I do have a very good companion Elder S., who has the same desire as me and we work well together in keeping each other in check. I am very happy we got paired up as companions.
 
A big theme for this week, and basically my MTC stay is Charity, the Pure Love of Christ. I have been doing a lot of studying on it and I have been trying to work on having that love, and being able to show it to my investigators, and my fellow Elders, sometimes it is easier then others. Some scriptures on it are 1 Corinthians 13, or Moroni chapter 7. One of my favorite words for it comes in D&C 121: 41 and 42 My favorite word in there is love unfeigned, An example of that is when Christ is suffering for the worlds sins, and paying the ultimate price, a pain we cannot even come close to understanding and he comes to the apostles and says: stay awake for just an hour. The second time: Can't you just stay awake for just an hour. And the third time: Sleep well. That is so powerful, and you know he meant sleep well sincerely, he is Christ. That is the pure love of Christ, and something I definitely need to work on. That is the extent of my week. I wish everyone at home Buenos Suerte, and I love you all.

Love Elder Mason Paul Reid.

No comments:

Post a Comment