Monday, January 20, 2014

Letter 01/20/2014

Hola Familia
I hope you are all doing wonderful!! Me and my companion have had another good week, and are wondering where we will be going next week. Transfers are next Tuesday, so Tuesday is when I will be able to respond to your emails. I am hoping that I stay another transfer at least in this area, but I will go where the Lord wants me to go. We also have interviews with the president coming up this Wednesday, so I am excited for that as well.

Are you guys are freezing to death, I am living in the heat. We hit 92 degrees inside our pench right before going to bed, but it's alright, the Lord blesses us, and helps us with all our problems, and that includes with the heat. 

So the most of you are familiar with the story of Samuel the Lamanite, but for those of you who are not, let me give you a quick rundown. Samuel is a prohet, he was called to go preach to the people about repentance, and to come to Christ (a missionary). The people got really upset and decided to kill him, using rocks, slings, and arrows. Well, he was standing on the top of the wall, and they couldn't hit him, all the arrows and rocks they threw could not touch him, because he had the spirit of the Lord with him. He was called to serve.

So, now that I have told you that story let me tell you why. Well me and my companion were walking down the street when 4-5 kids decided to start throwing rocks, and try to hit us with their sling shots. I am a missionary and have a badge, or I would have personally made them eat every single one of the rocks they threw. But I resisted the urge to personally punish the pibes, and the Lord blessed us. We heard the rocks go by and they where really close. We kept walking, and we never got touched by a single rock. Coincidence? Nah, they were too close just to be bad aim. But I attribute it to the Lord. Just a little mini miracle for ya. 

So on the 11th we had a baptism of 3, they are all doing great, and are loving the life of being a member. This coming Sunday we will also be having another baptism, she is 9 almost 10 years old, her mom is a member (we helped her to become active). But now her daughter will be baptized. She has passed her interview already.

All in all a great week. I am very happy, and doing great. I love you all. Thank you for the emails, and for all you guys do.
Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid








No comments:

Post a Comment