Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Letter 10/15/2013

Hello!!
What a crazy and wonderful week. Two of the biggest things I want to talk about First: The Baptism, and Second: Seeing Arlington and D.C
 
Baptism: Okay so the day is Thursday and we have not had contact with our investigators for a few days, we try to call them but they don't answer, and they are not home when we stop by... so we are getting nervous.  Cause they need their baptism interview. So Thursday at 12 is the baptism interview, but we hadn't had contact with them in a while, so we show up to their house and they answer and just like Hispanics say: Oh yeah we got your calls, and we are just getting ready to head out. We are just thinking to ourselves: are you kidding me? Answer our calls. But to them it wasn't a big deal they new what time the interview was. So now the day is Saturday, Baptism begins at 5. But there is this thing called la hora hispana, It is kinda like Mormon Standard time. So now you have Mormon Standard time and la hora hispana, so basically things start 30 minutes after they are scheduled and its just not a big deal. 

So 5:30 rolls around, everyone is there waiting for our investigators who still haven't arrived. We gather as missionary's and say a quick prayer, go outside to the parking lot, and there they are just pulling up. Non-chalantly just like they had arrived at 4:50. ha ha ha but no, it was such a beautiful experience. I have never really felt anything like the joy I felt when I watched them go into the water. I could only smile, and the ward accepted them with open arms. The Sunday following they received the Holy Ghost, they both got callings, and the husband got the Aaronic Priesthood. And our ward is awesome so they got welcomed so well. They are going to prosper in this gospel.
 
Arlington and D.C: Such a good experience, I have always wanted to see the Tomb of the Unknown soldier, it is so so cool. I loved it. I also got to see Abe Lincoln Memorial, and the White house. It was kinda funny with the government shut down it says all monuments are closed, and their are police all around, but people don't care. They go into monuments anyways, past the barricades and tape. And the police just sit their talking to each other, not enforcing anything, it was kinda weird to see. But as missionary's we obeyed the rules and stayed on the outside of the monuments.
 
Visa news: I will be heading to Argentina sometime, some people say the week of the 28th I have heard a lot about the 22, But I have NO IDEA. All I know is I am a missionary, and I do what I am told to do. :)
 
I love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Mason Paul Reid
D&C18:15-1

No comments:

Post a Comment